Wednesday 5 February 2014

Breakfast: Stewed Plums on Muesli

Breakfast and I have a funny relationship. We didn't get along until I was about 20 years old, but now I can't cope without it. Whether it's sliced tomato with a dash of hot sauce on toast, a decadent eggs benedict, or just simple muesli, it's now one of my favourite parts of the day (after lunch and dinner of course).

My new breakfast of choice is stewed plums on muesli- I know this is not the most challenging recipe (it would probably give two minute noodles a run for it's money)- but hey, it tastes AWESOME.



Stewed Plums (4 servings)
  • 12 Plums 
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar (or more if don't like it too tart)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cut the plums in half, remove the stone, and place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients.

Cook over a medium/low heat for about 10 minutes, or until soft.




See, told you it was easy.

I served my plums over a simple bircher muesli (oats/dry muesli soaked in milk), topped with natural yoghurt and a sprinkle of almonds. You can even pre-make the whole thing the night before so it's ready for you to gobble down in the morning. Yum!



P.S. These plums are also amazing on a big bowl of vanilla ice-cream ... (but you didn't hear it from me)

No comments:

Post a Comment