Saturday 6 July 2013

Carrot Juice

It's not rocket science, and in fact barely deserves a recipe but I thought I'd tell you all about carrot juice because it's freakin' amazing.

Carrot Juice

Firstly, and most importantly carrot juice tastes delicious. I'm not one to drink disgusting tasting things just because they're healthy- last week I bought a carton of coconut water and after 3 sips and a few gags it went straight into the bin. So when I had my first sip of carrot juice I was somewhat cautious but then pleasantly surprised.

Carrot Juice

Carrot Juice

Carrot Juice

Here is my favourite recipe for a carrot based juice.
  • 5 carrots
  • An inch or two of ginger, to your own taste
  • 2 oranges
  • 2 lemons
Chuck them all in the juicer, according to your appliances instructions. Give it a stir and pour over ice- done!

If you don't have a juicer don't fret, there are some handy tips for making carrot juice without one here (thank god for Wikipedia).

Carrot Juice

Carrot Juice

Hopefully I've already convinced you that carrot juice is the bees knees, but if not, the amount of vitamins and health benefits in carrot juice should. It has beta-carotene, which cleanses your liver and turns into vitamin A which is awesome for people with skin problems, eye problems and low immunity, among many other things.

Honestly the list of benefits is so long, it even helps to release endorphins which make you happy- imagine if you had a glass of carrot juice and then went to the gym, you'd be bouncing off the walls with joy!

Carrot Juice

I hope you get inspired to get your juice on, but please keep in mind that carrot juice is best in moderation. Excessive amounts will turn your face yellow and make you feel a bit sick (but don't panic that's only going to happen if you have a vat of it every day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment