Wednesday 21 August 2013

T2 Tea

Hallelujah! Gone are the days of sneaking tea through customs, T2 Tea has finally arrived in New Zealand. After being teased with tasters of T2 from Dry and Tea, the full range is now stocked in their new Queen St store- woohoo!






Ok, I know I'm getting pretty excited over tea, but the shop is amazing. Not just your usual store, at T2 you can taste, see, touch and smell the teas on offer. And, in an effort to coax me out of my English Breakfast rut, the lovely shop assistants gave gentle suggestions and tasters of their best brews.







After some serious decisions, and a wave of panic at the endless opportunities, I jumped into the deep end taking home the 'Melbourne Breakfast' tea; a 'deep and warming tea with a hint of sweetness and a touch of vanilla'. Ok, perhaps not the deep end but at least I'm in the water.





However, what I was most excited for was 'Just Rose', a tea I had picked up on a trip to Australia a few years ago, and had been pining for ever since. Containing pure rose buds, this fragrant and delicious tea is an absolute favourite of mine.

In an ideal world it is best served in the afternoon on the porch with some homemade biscuits, but for those of us who aren't Stepford Wives it's perfect for any occasion.





I've almost raved on about the place for long enough, but the cherry on the top is the amazing tea set ranges for sale at T2. They really are beautiful, and I could have easily spent hundreds of dollars there, so I count myself lucky making it out with my paycheck somewhat intact.





Even if you're a swear-by-coffee kind of person, T2 is worth a visit for a sneaky tasting. Who knows, you might even be converted?

4 comments:

  1. Totally love T2, heaven for a tea-lover like myself. They actually used to have a store at Botany Town Centre but nobody really paid attention to them then...so glad they're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah one of my friends just told me that...poor Botany. Totally agree, T2 is so amazing!! I've already almost finished mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats their phone number?????

    ReplyDelete