Thursday 4 July 2013

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa is one of those bars that you walk past without noticing, but that's why I love it. Hidden in beside Renkon on Ponsonby Road (I know, I need to branch out from Ponsonby) it's the perfect intimate cocktail bar.

Mea Culpa

I met Allie and Alice at Mea Culpa last week for an after work cocktail, it was a Wednesday after all. Allie chose a black doris plum cocktail and I chose a wasabi cocktail concoction, wasabi I tell you! Alice sensibly stuck with wine, but promised she would return again to help me work through the rest of the cocktail menu.

The handwritten menu changes often and always includes the strangest, most delicious ingredients.  But don't be frightened off, there are plenty of non wasabi cocktails, and the bartenders can whip up all the classics too.

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

I'll keep this post short and sweet but if you're looking for a good cocktail bar in Ponsonby then Mea Culpa is your girl- she even lets you eat your Renkon there!

Mea Culpa
Mea Culpa

With it's intimate but casual setting Mea Culpa would be perfect for a first date, or any date for that matter (hint hint...). Or you can do what I did and grab your friends for a midweek cocktail, why the hell not?

No comments:

Post a Comment