Monday 26 August 2013

Janken

Tucked away in Herne Bay is our next spot for lunch; Janken, a Japanese health food haven. Georgia, Tat and I ventured there for a meal the other day, and were treated to what must have been the healthiest and one of the most delicious bento boxes we had ever had.




The lunch and dinner menus are very different, so if you're looking for choice I would hold out for dinner, but the lunch menu suited us just fine.




The girls both went for crockpot teriyaki chicken while I chose the chicken meatballs. There was a bit of food envy when it arrived as they decided mine looked the best- win!






But they all tasted delicious, and with organic wholefood ingredients we found we were absolutely stuffed by the end.

We should have ended here, but I've got to admit that earlier in the day I made a sneaky call begging Janken to whip up some of their famous pork buns that normally only feature on the dinner menu. They happily obliged, and although full, we gobbled them up. Oink oink.


I'm not a health freak, but Janken's healthy food really hit the spot, and I recommend it if you want to eat out minus the guilt. And while I have only tried the lunch menu, I've heard great things about the dinner and will most definitely be back.


p.s. You can find the dinner menu online here and the lunch menu here.

No comments:

Post a Comment