Tuesday 13 August 2013

Fergburger

I haven't tried every burger in New Zealand (but I'm working on it), so I shall not call these the best burgers in NZ, but, as far as my palate is concerned Fergburger is right at the top.


There are lots of amazing places to eat in Queenstown, and if I'd had any class I would have gone to Botswana Butchery or Rata, both of which are amazing. But after a big day skiing, my hungry belly wanted a burger, and a burger it would get (washed down with fries, onion rings, and a beer, of course).




The first time I had Fergburger on this trip was late at night after a day up the mountain and a few drinks in town. We somehow nabbed a table (near impossible) and sat down with a beer while we waited. I don't want to dissuade anyone, but if you go to Ferg you need to be prepared to wait...for ages.

It's worth it.



On this occasion, I ordered the Double Ferg with Blue Cheese, slight overkill, but oh my it was delicious. Two prime New Zealand beef patties cooked to medium rare, covered in blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, tomato relish and aioli. A sucker for anything with blue cheese in it, this burger hit the mark and sent me to burger heaven.


Hunger won out to photography that night and no-one let me take photos of their burgers pre-eating, but I compromised with some mid-mouthful photos instead... not quite as good.




A few days later however, the cravings struck again and this time I managed to have the self control to get a few better snaps. I set my sights even higher and chose Mr Big Stuff; two prime New Zealand beef patties, topped with melted cheddar cheese, American streaky bacon, BBQ sauce (which I swapped out for chilli sauce), lettuce, tomato, red onion and aioli.




What a beauty.

If the photos haven't convinced you, I don't know what will. Throw the linen napkins and silver cutlery out the window and head on down to Ferg in your ski pants.


(Sorry to everyone who is not currently in Queenstown, this is upsetting me just as much).

No comments:

Post a Comment