Wednesday 18 December 2013

PHD Juice Cleanse

OK, so I eat quite a bit. And often that food is about as far away from clean eating as you can get. With that in mind, and the thought of bikini season being horrifyingly close, I decided it was time to do a pre-Christmas cleanse.

This is where I ran into PHD (Pure Health Delivered) a juice cleansing program that promises to blow out the cobwebs and have your body loving you again. Yea yea, I know this is a food blog, and juice doesn't exactly constitute as food, but bear with me- this one is worth a read.



I was sent the three day cleanse, and had 18 juices delivered. Each day you have three 'Pure Green' juices, one 'Yellow Hit', one 'Zesty Lemonade', and one 'Cashew Dream'. The juices are all surprisingly delicious, especially the green juice which is packed full of cucumber, celery, kale, parsley, lemon, green apple, cos lettuce and spinach. Sounds awful but it really does taste great. And while it's a daunting amount of liquid at first you get used to it pretty quickly. By the last day I was actually craving the juices!




Naturally, what I was most fearful of was the inevitable hunger- but it hardly even reared it's head. While I missed the actual act of eating, the juice really fills you up, and actually makes you feel pretty damn good. I had more energy than usual, could stay up later at night, and felt an incredible lightness the whole time.



I did lose weight on the cleanse, but it's a week later and I am pretty sure it's back on. But that's not what the cleanse is about, and it's not the right reason to do one. It's about detoxifying your system, feeling good, and a perfect way to turn over a new leaf of healthy eating and living.

It is tough not eating for three days (especially at this time of year!), but I thoroughly recommend the PHD cleanse- it really works. It's perfect for a post Christmas or New Years detox, and will have you feeling awesome going into 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment