Friday 25 July 2014

Non Solo Pizza

Parnell is my old stomping ground, so I was pretty excited to head there for a lazy Friday afternoon lunch, especially because we were going to Non Solo Pizza; a beloved Parnell institution.

Oozing with Italian flair and style, NSP is perfect for a long lunch, where in summer you can enjoy the beautiful courtyard bathed in dappled sun, or huddled around the fires inside in winter.




We dove straight in to the menu and started with some bruschetta to tide over the ravenous late lunch hunger (at this stage I was about to eat the tablecloth), and of course a few Peronis to match.

We all ordered a main, but at NSP I think the best way to eat is to share a whole lot of the smaller antipasto dishes, with a main or two for the table. I couldn't resist the pasta, so I happily ordered a big bowl of beef and spinach ravioli, in a beautiful veal jus with sage, parmesan and truffle. Lucy ordered the same, and it was fair to say we were almost licking our bowls at the end it was so good.





Among the other orders were the proscuitto wrapped pork loin, and a few of the famous NSP pizzas, which all went down with a big tick of approval.

I may be biased towards this old favourite haunt, but I've never had a bad dish, or a bad time at NSP, and the popularity of the famous restaurant speaks for itself. The best time to go is definitely on a warm summer afternoon, but if you can't wait that long then head on down for a cozy winter fireside meal.


1 comment: