Friday 27 June 2014

Breakfast: Turkish Eggs

You might have heard me harp on about breakfasts before, and how I have only recently become acquainted with them. But now it has become a weekend pastime of mine to head up to the shops or the market to collect some delicious food for a decadent weekend brekkie.



On this morning I felt like recreating the delicious Turkish Eggs I always order at Queenies; my local cafe. So I went and collected:

  • Greek yogurt
  • A fresh loaf of bread (I used sourdough, but you can use anything really - try Turkish pide!)
  • Fresh free-range eggs
  • Avocado
  • Lemon
  • Chilli powder


Already it sounds like a strange combination - eggs and yoghurt? I hear you. But trust me, the sharp yoghurt and lemon cut through the rich egg and avocado, leaving you with a glorious mess to dunk your toast into.

The recipe is simple: add a generous dollop of yoghurt to your serving bowl and top with two poached eggs (hint: check out my blog post on poaching eggs). Place a few slices of avocado in the bowl,a squeeze of lemon juice and a generous sprinkle of chilli powder and sea salt on top. Last of all, toast slices of bread until golden, lather with butter and dunk into your eggs.



If you're ready to break the mould of bacon and fried eggs on the weekend then give this recipe a go. It's certainly not your usual eggs on toast but it's one of my favourites, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

P.S. Keep an eye out for my next blog post for the perfect weekday breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment