Monday 2 September 2013

Flotsam and Jetsam

What a stunning weekend, well done Auckland. It was so beautiful in fact that I felt the urge to wake up with the sun and go for a stroll down Ponsonby Road on Sunday morning. Luring James out of the house with the promise of coffee and donuts, we made our way to one of my favourite shops on the strip; Flotsam and Jetsam.








I don't even know how to describe the shop- their website says 'where good goods are found', and I reckon that's about right. A quirky mixture of all homeware and trinkets, old and new, along with some amazing donuts- it's my kind of shop.

Some of my favourite things were the ACME cup and saucer sets in all sorts of colours and the enamel bakeware sets. Not to mention the cute/creepy baby dolls in glass bottles, weird- but cool.





We had really only come for the Little & Friday donuts, but I ended up walking out with a few new baking dishes and mugs...oops.






But, back to more important things, the donuts were absolutely incredible. I had sugar all over my face/hands/camera and couldn't have cared less. Sugary, doughy, creamy, jammy heaven. Amazingly it was my first Little & Friday experience, but going from that I'm sure there will be more (god help anyone who sees me in a bikini this summer).









I've heard they also also whip up a mean coffee to go with your donut, so next time you find yourself strolling on past pop in and I'm sure you'll be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment