Friday 6 September 2013

Moo Chow Chow

Drum roll please.....may I present one of my favourite restaurants in Auckland: Moo Chow Chow. I must rave on about the place a bit because when I was thinking about starting a blog, a friend of mine suggested I call it ilovemoochowchow.com. You get the picture...

But, the raving on was in good reason; the food is fantastic and consistent, as is the service, and I find myself going back again and again (there's a drug in the pork, I'm sure of it).



To be honest I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog Moo Chow Chow. I've certainly been a few times in the last couple of months, but on those occasions I've generally been a few (fantastic) cocktails deep and would have stood on my camera or something.

This time however, I was on a work lunch, so the camera was in safe hands. Seeing as there were so many of us we were up the precariously steep stairs in the private dining room, and were treated to the banquet menu where the waiters decide what is good that day and serve it all up.



The food came, and just kept coming and coming until our chairs were groaning and top buttons on jeans were undone (literally). As usual, all of the food was incredible, I even liked the pineapple salad and usually I can't stand pineapple in savoury dishes.






I don't want to ramble on to I'll limit my rambling to my favourite three dishes:

  1. The spicy yellow fish and prawn curry is HOT- beware. This taste explosion is an absolute standout on the menu and the winner in my books. I've often wondered if they would make this dish takeaway...
  2. The caramelised pork hock is almost as famous as Ms. Moo herself, and with good reason. It's a crispy, tender, pork dish doused in coriander and chilli vinegar- absolutely delish. 
  3. Coming in at number 3 is the amazing green papaya salad, a dish I order on every visit. This one also has a bit of a kick, and is a perfect pairing with the pork hock. 



Now if I'm not careful I'll end up numbering the whole menu off, so we will leave it there. But please, take my advice, and if you haven't already, give Ms. Moo a try.

P.S. Don't forget to try the cocktails!                                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment