Sunday 8 September 2013

Orleans

After a big night on Friday, we were all craving a dose of some good ol' comfort food on Saturday. So, as soon as the clock struck 12pm we ventured down to Britomart to try out Orleans, the new Southern American inspired restaurant in town.




It's found down a charming alleyway where A&M used to reside, and in my opinion the change was definitely for the better (but good food is always for the better).



With help from the very friendly waiter we chose a whole bunch of dishes to share. We started with creole salt curly fries and jalapeno cornbread to whet our appetites. I didn't think curly fries could get any better, but these ones blew any other ones I'd tried out of the water.




We followed up with the delicious pork and fried chicken po-boys on pillow soft bread, along with fried chicken and waffles which I liked (basically I like fried chicken in any form), but some of the girls weren't 100% sure about it.






Next up, and the last of the savouries was the hanger steak, a definite winner. Perfectly cooked steak with perfectly charred vegies, it was uh....perfect?



Even though we were stuffed, Sarah took one for the team and ordered the cheesecake (which we all ended up eating). The cheesecake was pretty amazing and was accompanied by incredible creme brulee banana.






It may not be the first restaurant of it's kind to grace our city, but Orleans is certainly worth a visit. I'll be heading back!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, been meaning to go to Orleans soon. How does it fare to Miss Clawdy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth a visit! The steak was to die for. I think I prefer Miss Clawdy of the two though- I'd be interested to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete