Wednesday 29 May 2013

Ponsonby Central - Foxtrot Parlour

On Saturday Alice and I went for brunch at Ponsonby Central before braving the weather to go and watch the boys play rugby (NB: food comes before boys).

Ponsonby Central is the perfect place for a wet day because you can wander around eating and shopping for amazing food without your hair turning into a Sideshow Bob do from the rain.




To be honest I had only planned on having Foxtrot Parlour's famous doughnuts, and although doughnuts for breakfast seemed like a wonderful idea my hunger got the better of me and I had a proper meal (yawn).

After wandering around for a bit and getting in the way of about 100 parents with strollers we settled down at Foxtrot Parlour even though the doughnuts had sold out. If anyone is looking for a new local you should give this place a go- it has cool style and decor, an interesting and well priced menu and of course the food is delish!



Even though the place was packed we were served by friendly and helpful staff which was great for two people who are terrible at making decisions. Eventually, I decided on the uncharacteristically healthy lentils with poached eggs and Alice went with the maple sryup and coconut cream waffles. Both of our breakfasts were faultless and the tea and coffee was bang on as well.

So what was wrong with the place then? Well ahh not much. Except for the obvious doughnut crisis it was pretty awesome.




Foxtrot had some amazing looking cabinet food; from huge homemade meat pies to piles of lamingtons it all looked delicious. But I went to Ponsonby Central for doughnuts and I couldn't shake them from my mind.

After triple checking they didn't have any sneaky stock out the back we scooted next door to Little Bread and Butter where they had a pile of doughnuts calling my name (the healthy juice place was calling Alice's name but I suspect that was the post-waffle guilt). With out any more delay I grabbed a cream filled, sugar coated ball of calories and set to work. 






'You've got sugar on your nose' says Alice about an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment